27 Before 27
I’m having a wonderful lazy Sunday in Lodi, and I decided it was time to write up my 27 Before 27 list. I turned 26 on December 27, but with the holidays, I wanted to wait to create my list, so I could put some thought into it.
I’m hoping to be a little more focused this year. I made my first list last year (26 Before 26), and was not so good at checking off all of the items. I’ve kept some of the items from last year’s list, either cause I did not complete them or because I really enjoyed them, and added at least a dozen new items. I can’t wait to get started!
27 Before 27
1. Blog at least weekly and find news ways to display photos on Word Press.
2. Take a trip to the Redwoods.
3. Go on a classic American road trip and make a video of it.
4. Find a volunteer activity and do it regularly.
5. Make 30 gifts throughout the year and send them to friends and family.
6. Work with and support the 11 other Whimsy for Wendys ladies.
7. Walk the Golden Gate bridge.
8. Buy a new camera and start click, click, clicking.
9. Watch 10 classic movies.
10. Go to the snow and go sledding.
11. Host at least one dinner party.
12. Go to a new destination every month that is historically, socially or artistically significant.
13. Make a website.
14. Go to a climbing gym and scale a wall.
15. Read at least a book a month and write a short review of each one.
16. Go vegetarian for a month.
17. Go to a play.
18. Send 10 letters to 10 people who have influenced my life.
19. Visit a new city alone.
20. Create a stricter budget and actually get money into an emergency savings account.
21. Learn about wine by visiting at least five wineries and five tasting rooms in Lodi.
22. Try one new craft every month.
23. Ride a mechanical bull.
24. Write a letter to myself to read at 40.
25. Learn to prepare five foods I’ve never cooked before.
26. Call at least one friend a week.
27. Be more mindful and grateful of all the wonderful things in my life by making weekly lists and saying “Thank you, more please.”