You’ve got to be kind to yourself.
During the past couple of weeks, several of the bloggers I follow have talked about their holiday traditions. One of the things I wanted to start this year is a list of things I am thankful for, especially around the holidays it is easy to focus on all the stressful parts. I debated how many things I wanted to write, and decided to attach it with my age.
So here we go:
25 Things I Am Thankful For:
1. Red, waxy fall leaves.
2. The coziness of my new huge kitchen.
3. My ability to fall asleep within 10 minutes of lying down.
4. Google+ dance parties.
5. Becoming a part of the wonderful Whimsical Wendys. (We have a great holiday special going on right now. $20 to buy the lovely eBook and that includes a whole bunch of extra bonuses.)
6. Fog on days when I have to start work early.
7. Visits with my mom where we get to explore California.
8. Pumkin coffee and beer.
9. The excitement I feel for my trip home to see family and friends at Christmas.
10. Great landlords who have been fair to me and made moving easy.
11. Even greater friends who helped with every moment of the move, including the mini-breakdown.
12. Phone pics of my dog Willie.
13. Friends who listen to my rants on the phone.
14. The train whistle in Lodi.
15. Not only my ability to but my desire to challenge myself daily.
16. My love of dancing and that I have so many friends who share it.
17. My new porch
18. A job where I get to see Bald Eagles and learn to bake pies and am surrounded by other creative people.
19. Zooey Deschanel and her lovely voice.
20. The giggles of two friends.
21. My newly found love of basil.
22. My second home at the Mercantile Saloon.
23. Facebook, Gmail, Skype and all the other technology that makes family and friends seem less far away.
24. Friends who understand and support my mustache obsession.
25. All of the invitations from friends to spend Thankgiving with their families, especially Patrick and Paul who are my California parents.