My year in lists.
It’s a new year, and I’m so excited to get back to blogging. I turned 25 on December 27, which logically means I need to have a quarter-life crisis. Many of my favorite bloggers make a list of goals around their birthday, most notably Miss Elsie. I searched the Internet for inspiration, asked some friends and thought long and hard to come up with these goals.
Even though I’m a month late, I am so excited to finish every one of these activities during the next 11 months. To keep myself accountable, I’m going to post at the end of the month about what I have finished. Also, it would be boring to do these alone, so you should probably help me.
1. Learn a new recipe every month.
2. Film and edit a video for fun.
3. Blog weekly.
4. Grow my own herbs.
5. See Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros in concert.
6. Go to a new destination every month that is historically, socially or artistically significant in the city where I live.
7. Go to a play.
8. Try acupuncture.
9. Buy one antique that will be a “talking piece.”
10. Send 10 letters to 10 important people in my life.
11. Buy my own set of soldering supplies.
12. Watch every episode of Mad Men.
13. Go vegetarian for a month.
14. Give away 30 gifts in 30 days.
15. Become an embroidery champ.
16. Finish all of Armistead Maupin’s books and try to contact him.
17. Read one book a month.
18. Buy a meal for a homeless man or woman and eat with them.
19. Ride a mechanical bull.
20. Make enough crafts to start an Etsy store.
21. Walk the Golden Gate bridge.
22. Try beers from 10 different countries.
23. Visit a new city alone.
24. Make a website.
25. Take a picture every day for a month.
26. Swim in both the Atlantic and Pacific ocean and/or hike the Grand Canyon.