May 17, 2010
After a busy couple of weekends, I was excited to just relax this weekend. My weekend was filled with a walk by the river, a lovely dinner with friends and barbecuing. My friend Joelle and I overloaded the grill with ribs, chicken, corn and potatoes. It was quite the meal.
I saw this survey over at Little Bird Crafts, and thought it would be a fun little way to pass the time.
FOUR JOBS YOU’VE HAD IN YOUR LIFE
1. Schnucks grocery store. I bagged groceries and worked in the deli and seafood department. It turned me into a sandwich meat and cheese snob. I wish the deli was as cute as the one below.
2. YMCA. I worked as a gymnastic camp counselor despite not being able to do a cart wheel.
3. Telemarketer. I played cards while asking people for money for the University of Missouri. People aren’t nice to telemarketers.
4. Journalist. Luckily, I’m able to work in the profession I’ve always wanted to do.
FOUR MOVIES YOU COULD WATCH OVER AND OVER
1. Reality Bites. Love this movie!
There’s no point to any of this. It’s all just a random lottery of meaningless tragedy and a series of near escapes. So I take pleasure in the details. You know… a Quarter-Pounder with cheese, those are good, the sky about ten minutes before it starts to rain, the moment where your laughter become a cackle… and I, I sit back and I smoke my Camel Straights and I ride my own melt.
2. Le Fabuleux Destin d’Amélie Poulain.
Without you, today’s emotions would be the scurf of yesterday’s.
3. Harold and Maude.
A lot of people enjoy being dead. But they are not dead, really. They’re just backing away from life. Reach out. Take a chance. Get hurt even. But play as well as you can… Otherwise, you got nothing to talk about in the locker ro
4. Fade to Black. There was a time in college when I watched this movie about once a week.
If you can’t respect that your whole perspective is wack. Maybe you’ll love me when I fade to black.
FOUR CITIES YOU’VE LIVED IN
1. Columbia, MO. The epitome of a college town.
2. Omaha, NE. This is the beginning of my obsession with hipsters.
3. Bakersfield, CA. They have oil wells in parking lots.
4. Sacramento, CA. My current location.
FOUR TV SHOWS YOU LOVE TO WATCH
1. Project Runway.
2. Top Chef.
3. Ace of Cakes.
4. The Daily Show/Colbert Report.
FOUR PLACES YOU’VE BEEN ON VACATION
1. London, England. In middle school, I sang in a choir and we went to England in sixth grade. It was a year after Princess Diana died, and I still remember all the flowers, cards and stuffed animals there were outside of Kensington Palace. We also saw Stonehenge and Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare.
2. Norway. In eighth grade, we went back to Europe. My favorite part was going through the fjords. I hope to do that again one day.
3. Gulf Shores, Alabama. The best beach vacation spot ever. We went there a lot when I was younger.
4. Outer Banks, North Carolina. Second best beach vacation spot. This is where I got my love of boogie boarding because they have huge waves there.
FOUR WEBSITES YOU VISIT DAILY
4. Any of the other art blogs I have bookmarked and check all the time.
FOUR OF YOUR FAVORITE FOODS
1. Imo’s Pizza. Just cheese. Anyone want to send me some from St. Louis?
2. Potatoes. I will eat them in any form.
3. Grilled cheese.
4. Peaches. The season is coming up, and I can’t wait!
FOUR SCHOOLS YOU’VE ATTENDED
1. University of Missouri.
2. Kirkwood High School. Everyone in St. Louis is consumed with where you went to high school because it supposedly tells you a lot about where they grew up.
3. North Middle School.
4. Keysor Elementary School.
FOUR THINGS IN YOUR ROOM
1. My precious MacBook Pro.
2. My bike that my neighbor gave me for free.
3. Shot glass collection. I finally hung it on my wall.
4. The makings of a necklace.
FOUR PLACES I’D RATHER BE RIGHT NOW
1. DC with Abbeebee and Stokesy.
2. St. Louis to visit the family.
3. Paris. I’ve always wanted to go there.
4. Spain. I could brush up on my non-existent Spanish skills.